Monday 5 January 2015

January's Makeup Mix









A New Year means new features, and a monthly instalment of a makeup mix seems like a good idea to me. A monthly shakeup, which inspires me to shop my stash and also document any exciting things I am thinking... Excellent, in theory. 

For January I am still loving the rich tones from the holiday season. Lots of red lipstick, jewel-toned eyeshadows... mmm, too good. In particular for this month though I am thinking that peachy and shimmery eyeshadows (nothing new here) with lashing of mascara. An eyeshadow I've dug out is MAC Lorelei (alas from a limited edition collection, but all that glitters is not worlds apart), which is just so easy to sweep all over the lid. Lips are going to be dark reds and plums and all those kinds of delicious shades. In particular, Tom Ford bruised plum, NARS Mandore and Kevyn Aucoin Blood Roses. All really rich and deep shades. 

I'm thinking flawless skin would be good. Obviously. I can fake it until I make it, and the Laura Mercier smooth finish flawless fluide is pretty awesome stuff. Almost watery in texture, it gives impressive coverage for something so light. Full review in the works, I promise. I can't forget the utterly dreamy Charlotte Tilbury filmstar bronze and glow. Amazing stuff, I can't believe I went so long without it. The sculpty shade manages to make my face look more defined and the highlight shade is just out of this world. My skin looks all golden and sheeny.




What makeup are you wearing at the moment? :)




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig