Wednesday 23 September 2015

Makeup SOS for when you're ill.









It happened. I'm sick. I'm ill. Send help, please?

After hiding in my duvet all day yesterday and feeling sorry for myself, today I had to drag myself to work and pretend to be a real life functioning adult. Oh, the humanity. 

My skin gets really dry anyway, but especially when I'm under the weather. Just old crepe face, over here. Just keep applying oils and moisturisers and then a liberal amount of MAC Strobe cream to make my face look more alive and less grey and blah. While I'm there I'm going to go for all the highlighter and a perky peachy blush (Clinique melon pop) to make myself look perky and peachy. In theory.

I don't know about you, but when I'm ill I look bright red and my foundation always looks patchy and generally awful. Instead, I'll use not one, not two... but three concealers. The Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer dabbed very sparingly and used instead of foundation and then blended out with a damp beauty blender - takes 5 seconds and feels more comfortable than a heavy concealer. Then so much Clarins Instant concealer under the eyes - the best thing for concealer for dry under eyes. A teeny tiny bit of Makeup Forever full coverage concealer on any blemishes, and I'm 90% concealer and 10% human. 

Then there are obvious essentials... like cups of tea, antibacterial hand gel, olbas oil, paracetamol, a heavy duty lip balm and tissues. So many tissues.

What do you do when you're ill and can't hide in a duvet fort?


If you need me, I'll be in bed *achoo*




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig