Sunday 31 January 2016

Standouts from January.





Can we get an amen that January is over? So excited.

Such a long, cold month with no money and a vague sense of inadequacy. Yes, roll on February please. The month of love and therefore chocolate. So although January has been particularly long and particularly unpleasant, I managed to rack up some favourite products. If you've been dilligently reading my blog all month, these will be of no surprise :)

I'm feeling bold lipsticks right now, y'know. I've been constantly wearing MAC D for Danger, which is the most perfect brightening shade - see my full post on that here. Also been loving the retro matte liquid lipsticks, especially tailored to tease which is the prettiest pink shade (see my full post on those here). With all the drying lipsticks, I have been going back to my Burt's Bee lip balm, which really seems to hydrate the lips rather than just sitting on top of the lips and feeling greasy. 

Base wise, I will briefly mention the BECCA ultimate coverage complexion creme foundation again because I have mentioned it so many times, but it is really a lovely foundation to use. With contouring, I've been using the Crown Brush pro contour brush to add colour and depth to the face in a really precise line, and then using the Charlotte Tilbury powder and sculpt brush to blend everything out seamlessly. 

Eye wise I have been crushing on two palette this month - the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon Palette (see my full post on that here) and the Zoeva Nude Spectrum Palette (see my full post on that here). Both are gorgeous, but I have been banned from wearing eye makeup for a month so I'll say goodbye for now... 

Something I've used every single day since I got it is the Origins Ginger Souffle whipped body cream, because it smells so zingy and delicious in the morning, and leaves my skin soft all day. My arms and hands can get really dry, so I slather this on after the shower and then dance about drinking tea and watching Buffy whilst I get ready. With that, I've been wearing Estee Lauder Modern Muse perfume a lot this month - it smells so clean and chic and manages to feel appropriate for any situation. 

Follow

If you liked this post you might like this post on my beauty favourites from 2015 or this post about my November favourites.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig