Tuesday 17 September 2013

Autumn Trend: Red eye-shadow



As my boyfriend was assembling my bookshelf on Monday night, I took it upon myself to call out vaguely helpful comments whilst lying on the sofa and flicking through the latest copy of Vogue. Always helpful. Naturally I skipped to the beauty section, and the piece Line of Fire caught my eye. The article said that lines of colour smudged under the eye are a big thing for the upcoming season, especially reds and auburns. It looks so nice, I was excited to try it out :)

The eye makeup on the model is smokier than I attempted - smokier would look so nice for a night out... with Carbon in the crease and lots of black eyeliner... mmm! In the daytime look I attempted I used NARS Lola Lola blended all over the lid with MAC Sketch in the crease. I took MAC Coppering under the eye quite thickly, but not crazy low. I used the Rimmel nude eyeliner on my waterline, but I'd use black for night. I then blended a bit of Sketch into Coppering on the outer corner of my eyes. The rest of my makeup was really simple - just mascara, base and some MAC Blushbaby blusher for a bit of definition. I used MAC Patisserie on the lips. 

I really liked this look - it's a bit different to what I'm used to and so was out of my comfort zone, but I liked the effect. Using a brighter colour under your lashline is such an easy way to try something new :) What do you think? Will you be trying out red eyeshadow this Autumn?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love this look! I'm always scared of RED reds on my eyes because I feel like they make you look a bit like a zombie, but I love the reddish/orange toned brown you used instead on the bottom lash line :) I have a slight suspicion that I will be adding Coppering to my basket pretty soon...

    Shannon @ flyawaybirdiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red eyeshadow, I use Cranberry by MAC. Especially around Xmas time!

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this has to be my favourite makeup trend this winter, I'm so so excited to get my hands on some red and berry shades and just experiment a bit!

    restless-beauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Hazzie xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig