Monday 21 July 2014

A new generation of matte lipsticks


Lipstick totem pole
These are matte lipsticks, but not as you know them. Not drying, really comfortable to wear and a whole bevy of bright colours... intrigued? 

The long last soft matte lipsticks from Clinique are my latest lip obsession. I know that as a fickle makeup fiend that probably doesn't mean a great deal, but I can't stress how amazing these are. I would consider myself a matte lip expert, as they are the finish I always gravitate towards... meaning that I have so many to chose from. After I saw these on Laura and Simone's blogs I was sold (lovely ladies), and I picked one up in duty free last month. Two more were swiftly purchased after I realised how perfect these were.

These are lush. Creamy, insanely pigmented and rich and they feel comfortable. You can't even tell you're wearing lipstick. Sorcery. 

Matte plum: reddish plum. 
Matte mandarin: Orange! 
Matte crimson: Blue-based pinky red. 

The negatives - because nothing is perfect. They can smudge somewhat. Don't expect to be able to eat a cheesy pizza and have perfect lipstick still. I learnt the hard way. I'd say they can transfer onto teeth as well, but just make sure to do the ever-attractive finger in mouth trick, and you'll be fine. They're also unscented, which isn'y my favourite as I love a good vanilla scent :) Oh, and a huge negative I suppose is that they are addictive, and owning one apparently isn't enough.

Matte plum
Matte Mandarin 
Matte Crimson



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig