Monday 11 August 2014

10 hardworking and faithful products


I always rave about new products, and get excited for upcoming launches, but there are also some makeup items that are hardworking - Using them often daily. You will probably recognise some of these, but they deserve a refreshed mention because they are just so bloody good. I saw this post on Jenny's blog (love her blog so much!), and thought it was imperative that I share my own...


1. Smashbox photo finish light primer - Not the regular photo finish. Always the light! It makes skin feel all smoothed but not silicone-y and it helps makeup cling to oily bits like none other.

2. MAC Soft and gentle - As you can see from the photo, this has been well-loved. My friend Lucy said I deserve a medal for finishing a MSF, but I think I just deserve a new one when this runs out. If you want a highlighter that makes skin glow, you need this.

3. MAC Woodwinked - Hardly any left on this. The nicest bronzed golden shadow with orange undertones going. 

4. MAC All that glitters - Peachy pinky eyeshadow perfection. This is my third or fourth one! This is just dreamy when you sweep it all over the lid. 

5. Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder - If you look very, very carefully you can just see the tiniest bit of pan on this. Two days of almost daily use - amazing stuff. If you want to add some definition to your face or carve out some cheekbones - I recommend this. 

6. MAC Painterly paint pot - the best base for using everyday. It's skin coloured, and really creamy so eyeshadow sort of sticks to it. 

7. MAC Lady danger - the lipstick I always go to if I want to instantly feel a bit glammer/nicer. A bright orange-toned red.

8. NARS creamy concealer in vanilla - Ugh, such a good under eye concealer. I love it, it's so creamy as the name suggests, and lasts for ages. 

9. Kevyn Aucoin creamy cheek colour in tansoleil - I have dry skin, so cream blushers sit so nicely on my face. This one is particularly sensational, and a real complexion perker-upper. 

10. NARS sheer glow in Gobi - previously used the shade mont blanc, this one is more yellow and suits me better. Amazing foundation, covers nicely but still makes skin look like skin. 



Do you have products you go back to time and time again? :)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig