Friday 27 February 2015

Guest Post-Goodness: Miss Makeup Magpie & Maybelline


Earlier this year I asked some of my favourite bloggers and friends if they would contribute towards some content on my blog - some cheeky little guest posts to inject some variety and excitement into my blog! First up is the lovely Gemma :)





Hi, My name is Gemma and I blog over at Miss Makeup Magpie. I was thrilled when Laura asked me if I could guest post on her blog, as I've always loved Laura's blog.  I really hope you like my post.... xx

Maybelline Color Sensational Peach Poppy Lipstick
Maybelline Color Sensational Peach Poppy Lipstick
Maybelline Color Sensational Peach Poppy Lipstick
Maybelline Color Sensational Peach Poppy Lipstick


Maybelline have launched a new range of shades of their Color Sensational Lipsticks for Spring called the Rebel Bloom Collection. The collection launched over in the US in December so I never expected it to reach UK shores for at least a few months, so I was most surprised to spot them on sale here. The Maybelline Rebel Bloom features ten lipstick shades, although from what I can gather, we're not going to be getting all 10 over here - what a surprise. The collection in inspired by floral pastels and the packaging of the lipsticks in the US is gorgeous, with candy orchid lids however the packaging of our Rebel Bloom lipsticks is pretty boring to be quite honest, as we have just the plain deep red plastic lids.. it would have been nice to see the same packaging considering it's the same collection.

The Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks are £6.99 here, and from the shades on offer within the Rebel Bloom collection, I opted for Peach Poppy as I loved the name, and let's face it, I'm a sucker for a peach lipstick. Peachy Poppy is a light peachy pink shade that reminds me very much of MAC's Sweet and Sour Lipstick - they're very, very similar. The finish and creaminess of this lipstick is similar to that of the MAC Cremesheen lipsticks. Peach Poppy does need a require a couple of careful swipes for perfect opacity as it's not the most forgiving shade due its pastel tones. This shade is so pretty and it's the perfect combination of peach and pink, and it doesn't look too pale or milky. I am definitely going to be purchasing Petal Pink and Power Peony next as they both look equally stunning, and are so perfect for Spring and Summer...


Gemma xx







Massive thanks again to Gemma - make sure to check out her blog (if you haven't already, which I'm sure you have) and show her some love! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig