Tuesday 3 March 2015

Weddings, Wales and new books!




When you just feel like writing down all the things that are zipping through your head - a blog is your best friend (I just re-read this post before hitting publish and am feeling so good - writing is so cathartic). I have so much going on at the moment, and obviously need to share. Firstly, we just paid our full deposit for our wedding venue - so much money in one go. The biggest transaction. I might cry. It's a mix of being really excited because you know, I'm GETTING MARRIED, and also nausea at the money all leaving in one quick sweep. Last Friday we headed down to Wales to see Chris' family and to have a tour of our venue - they'd been doing some renovations - and we fell in love with it even more. It's just so pretty. In the top left picture above is where the actual ceremony will take place... so crazy. It blows my mind that we're going to actually get legitimately married there. Eeee!

I also had an amazing weekend back in Wales. As a welshie, and an ex-Cardiffian, I feel so nostalgic when I go back. It was Saint David's day over the weekend, so there were dragons and daffodils everywhere. I managed to haul so many things, and eat so much mexican food - perfect weekend right there.

Today is the last day of my current job - who knows where I'll go next. I want to go back into central London probably, and if there's a job fairy reading this - I'm all ears. I've been toying with the idea of writing a post with tips for interning - would anyone be interested?

Also, tomorrow I am having surgery again. Ugh. I had appendicitis before Christmas, but they couldn't actually do an appendectomy so fingers crossed tomorrow they will be able to - the surgery has been a bit last minute, so I'm not sure how frequently I'll be blogging - when I feel up to it :)



I was going to write a full post on some February favourites, but I couldn't be bothered... no point in writing a post I am not enjoying. Rather than waste the photo I thought I'd slip it in here - spot anything you like? The lipstick is modesty and the blush is ladyblush, by the way!


Lastly, I have hauled some books. I use the term 'some' loosely, because 9 books is pretty good going, I think. I absolutely love reading, but since I haven't been commuting this year (as of yet), I haven't been devouring books like I did last year. I'll be resting post-op, so it is a golden opportunity to read my way through some new material. This excites me greatly. I am already half-way through The Rosie Effect, which is sweet. I like the trilogy, it's nicely done. The Glam Guide by Fleur de Force is also pretty decent. Nice illustrations, and a decent read. I have always loved those sort of guide books - Fleur is one of the few 'bigger' youtubers I have much time for, as I feel she has a decent sort of work ethic and actually knows what she's talking about. Plus, she wrote the book herself... she can string a sentence together, which is a quality I look for in a human being I might want to talk to. Oooh, this is sounding aggressive, but basically the book is a nice coffee table read. Or something to flick through when you're on the loo. Yeah, there is nothing worse than being on the loo and having nothing to read. You are talking to the girl who has read shampoo bottles in the past rather than read nothing. 




Over and out! What's new with you? I love the disqus commenting system, it's so chatty and I love replying (note to self - be more pro-active in replying).


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig