Sunday 30 August 2015

Recent Reads.




One of my life rules is to never be without a book. Without a doubt, the second you decide not to pack some reading material, the very same day you will undoubtedly be stuck somewhere bored out of your mind without a book. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Today I will be travelling to Paris, so a good read is an absolute necessity. I've just started Fingersmith - a historical crime novel set in Victorian Britain promising to include a Fagin-like gang of thieves... so so intrigued. 

All the light we cannot see was recommended to me in Waterstones, and I was pretty convinced. It's about a blind French girl and a German boy living in Nazi occupied France in WWII. I always enjoy WWII fiction, and always get far too emotionally invested.

I've already read The Bees - excellent read. Inside the head of a worker bee... far more interesting and sinister than it sounds. Such a creepy insight into a dystopian community.

ALSO not pictured, but the new Philippa Gregory The Taming of the Queen. I devoured this in about 2 days because NEW PHILIPPA GREGORY. She is my literary crack. 



What are you reading at the moment?


Follow

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Laura you have used words in this post that I don't understand. I am sticking to lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig