Tuesday 15 December 2015

Feeling Inadequate.



Excuse me, I'll just be over here typing as the thoughts come into my head. 

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling inadequate.

It's not nice. I don't want to. In a field of fellow bloggers, it's impossible not to compare yourself to others and I'm sure I'm not alone in being my own biggest critic. I'm constantly trying to improve my blog, my photos and my everything. It's hard when you blog because you're pouring your heart and soul into something creative for other people to critique so readily. I blog because I love it, but I also lately have not been feeling the best about it. 

It is not all about the numbers, granted. Numbers though, are a defining quality of blogging. Bigger numbers equate to a more successful blog. I know it's not healthy, but in a field where numbers are so black and white, it's so easy to compare yourself to others and wonder why you're not measuring up. Like, why is my blog not doing as well? Why didn't I get enough saves? I want to give myself a good shake and tell me to stop it, but that is easier said than done.

There does also seem to be a big taboo against wanting to blog full time - hello, if I suddenly was financially stable from just writing away on my corner of the internet, I would more than jump at the chance. Wouldn't you? To be your own boss. Like, sure, nothing is perfect and I'm sure it has its downsides, but to have complete creative control over your whole career? Yeah, if I could I would. 

I also see people say it's 'quality, not quantity'. Ok, we might have to politely disagree. Yes, quality is obviously key, but if I don't post then my traffic goes down. Simple. I'm not a big blogger but having fresh daily content is one of the best ways to stay afloat in a sea of other amazing content. Whatever I do, it doesn't mean my content is more deserving of attention than other people. Same goes for bigger bloggers - their content is not automatically better because they have a larger volume of traffic.

This post is not me trying to fish for compliments, it's really not. I'm not craving reassurance from others, and I really just wanted to pen down some thoughts with any ulterior motive.

It's just me, writing. Behind the blog, I'm a real person who feels... inadequate.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig