Monday 18 January 2016

Christian Louboutin Lipstick: Survivata






Ok, let's start this by saying that the Louboutin lipsticks are extortionate. As in, they cost so much that you might even think it's a joke. Me being me though, I wanted to test them out and see what the hype was and I also just wanted to own one. They're so pretty! I tried to buy one, but they were sold out forever. Then I found a freshly stocked counter in Harrods, and... 

I went for the shade Survivata, which is from the velvet matte family. There are also satin and sheer formulas, but I'm obviously going for the matte. C'mon. Survivata is a pink-toned, cool red. Can we just have a moment to gaze at the packaging? It reminds me of the vials in death becomes her, and feels just as mystical and scrumptious. 

So, what is the formula like? I'm not going to lie - this is a lovely, lovely formula. It glides on like actual velvet, and feels so soft and comfortable when you wear it. I guess I'd compare it to the Maybelline creamy matte formula if I had to, but this is a whole level up. This is a matte that absolutely everyone would enjoy. I completely completely understand though that these are out of a lot of people's budgets, but if you're a lipstick aficionado like me and want to indulge, then I can recommend the velvet matte formula. 

As much as I want to shout my love, I feel that the price just ruins it. It's just a step too far, and takes away from the Tom Ford level of lipstick pleasure and just makes it too much. It's not special enough - packaging aside - to warrant the price. The colours aren't anything special, and whilst the formula is undeniably gorgeous, it isn't made from unicorns or pixies and so I feel like it has overpriced itself out of the lipstick-loving market. I am in love with this lipstick, and will use it all up for sure, don't get me wrong, but I can't 100% insist that everyone gets one too :) 

What do you think?

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig