Thursday 2 June 2016

How to summer-proof your makeup


It might not look like it, but summer is coming. It really is, I promise. Soon we'll be wearing shorts and having to shave our calves and our thighs but it's OK because with summer comes ice lollies and frosty beers in the pub. When things get a bit sunny and sweaty, it's easy for your makeup to fall by the wayside but I've got you covered with seven easy steps on how to summer-proof your makeup.

Switch up your skincare. Maybe time to switch to a lighter day cream with a hydrating serum and save the rich creams for when you're hitting the hay. Look for oil-free formulations but remember that hydrated skin is always happy skin. 
My top summer skincare picks : La Roche Posay Toleraine Fluide

Priming is next to godliness. If you want your base to last all day and still look nice, it's definitely time to try a mattifying primer. If you want extra points, multi-priming is the way to go, in my opinion.
My top primer picks : Dior Pore minimiser

Get spritzing. Everything. Setting spray, refreshers and your SPF. Keep a can of the Avene eau thermal water in the fridge and get ready for the most refreshed face of your life.
My top spritzer picks : Bioderma Eau de Soin / La Roche Posay Serozinc (keep it in the fridge!)

Lighten up. I much prefer a lighter base in summer because I can't stand the feeling of really heavy makeup on my face after a long, hot day. Try tinted moisturisers or sheerer formulas and then add a heavy-duty concealer as and when you need it. It's time to crack out the summer perfumes and feel fresh.
My top summer perfume pick : Roger & Gallet Gingembre rouge water spray

Go waterproof. When the temperature rises, it's time to switch to waterproof mascara to make sure smudges aren't an everyday thing.
My top waterproof picks : MAC false lashes waterproof 

Blotting papers are your friend. When things get a little bit sweaty, keep your base looking boss without caking the powder on. I always carry blotting papers because your skin just looks ten thousand times better after using them. I'm all about embracing the glow, but I'm after sheen not shine.
My top blotting paper picks : DHC oil blotting paper 

Go for cream formulas. I always like cream products, but especially in summer. They just melt seamlessly into the skin and look far less detectable.
My top cream product picks : Kevyn Aucoin blush / By Terry Ombre Blackstars

Are you ready for summer?

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig