Wednesday 17 August 2016

Miss Scarlett




There's just something about Chanel. The gorgeous packaging for one lures me in every time. This time though, I was even more interested in the gorgeous shadows cased inside - I just can't resist warm toned shadows. Chanel's latest collection has been inspired by all things rouge - the new creative director obviously shares my love of red lipsticks and matte shadows. Great minds. 

A collection based around red focused just on red lipsticks would be a little generic, so I'm so excited about a red palette. Four matte shades, with one gorgeous red. I want to use the red shade smoked under my lower lash line always!

The formula on these is not the best thing ever - it won't blow you away, I don't think. Not that it's bad by any stretch, but once you've used makeup geek foiled shadows, you're spoiled for life. It's got some kickback and it's a little dusty, but I do like the nice little edit. I think the matte shades are pretty good in the sense that they're foolproof - they pretty much blend themselves. It's a good one for doing my makeup in the morning on the train (yup, me every day), and I think come Autumn these rusty matte shades are going to get a lot of use. 

Is red your thing?

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig