Tuesday 20 June 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat: Day & Night Looks


Consider me well and truly a member of the hype because I am obsessed with the new Urban Decay Naked Heat palette - I'm not even sorry because this palette is definitely a thing of beauty. Twelves shades of warm-toned, buttery-soft shadows? I'm in love. I imagine the blogosphere will be inundated with posts all about this palette, so I'm jumping in quickly with my take on two different looks - one for the day, and something a little smokier for the evening. 
I could wax lyrical about my love for warm-toned shadows forever, and have spoken about some of my favourites numerous times. The newest incarnation of the naked palette series has pretty much every neutral shade you could need with some added fire. Of the shades in the palette, all are lovely (with the only 'dud' being Ashes as it's the least pigmented of the bunch) and work together to create a variety of tones and looks. 

Ounce - light beige with golden shimmer
Chaser - peachy light matte brown
Sauced - medium matte brown
Low Blow - slightly deeper matte brown
Lumbre - medium coral with a pearl finish
He Devil - matte red/brown 
Dirty Talk - shimmery copper
Scorched - metallic copper brown
Cayenne - a dark matte brown
En Fuego - medium matte plum
Ashes - dark matte plum
Ember - shimmery plum brown

In the daytime friendly look, I went for Sauced all over the lid as a base and also to make sure any further colours would blend well. The Urban Decay mattes are really decent, with a nice amount of pigment. On top of that I used Lumbre all over the lid to give some sheen and glimmer and then He Devil (best name ever) on a mac 224 for definition and under the lower lash line. Coupled with some black liner, mascara and a nude lipstick finished the look. 

For the slightly more dramatic look, Ember all over the lid gave a lovely amount of depth to the lid and managed to make everything look smokey without being harsh - the warm tones stop anything looking too much and a bronze shadow basically goes with everything. More drama was added by winging the shadow out with Ashes, and then I finished the whole thing with more black liner and some little lashes. 


The Naked Heat palette is coming in July - are you in?



Follow


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig