Thursday 14 August 2014

MATTE versus SHEER and glossy



I will gladly hold my hands up and proclaim my love for matte lipsticks. They are just so easy, so bright and my favourite to wear. I am aware that lots of people fear the power of a matte pout, which led me to think about the opposite of matte... which is glossy. Like photo paper, as I explained to my Dad. The lipsticks shown are Ruby woo (matte!) and Lady Bug (sheer!)

Pros of Matte
  • Bold, saturated colour
  • Long-lasting - depending on the lipstick in question, we're talking surviving through meals
  • Decreased fear of the dreaded lipstick on teeth syndrome
  • Quick and easy - can make you look 'done' in 2 seconds with minimal other makeup

Pros of Sheer
  • Very easy to slick on, maybe even sans mirror depending on the lipsticks
  • Comfortable to wear/non-drying
  • Harder to look overdone, and goes with a lot of looks
  • Less obvious when it fades



I'd love to know - which do you prefer? :)




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig