Wednesday 28 January 2015

Best of Beauty: January


Yuh, I've rounded up the best of beauty for January. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. All lovely picks... I just love slapping things all over my face and then reporting back. 



Lipsticks. Um, do these count as one? Thought not. Some favourites from this month include MAC Faux: lovely mauve-y nude that polishes off any look and makes lips look bigger and nicer. Lushness. Twig (mentioned here) is another nude, but a darker one. Both lovely, both essential I'm afraid. Tom Ford Black Dahlia is at the other end of the spectrum, and is a matte wine-berry sort of shade. Amazing formula, amazing colour. Mr Ford can do no wrong. 


I switch up my foundations a lot a lot, but I have been repeatedly going back to the MAC Prep + Prime highlighter in Light Boost. It's a light sheer yellow that comes in a highlight pen so it's easy to just sweep where you want it. I've been applying it on any areas where I want more light, and also in a kind of kitten whisker sort of effect. Let me know if you want a full post on this - will get on it. It basically adds light and helps to diffuse any redness.


MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot is my new smoky eye essential. I picked it up in a CCO, and am so glad. It's more flattering than black but smokier than groundwork (my paintpot staple) and just acts as such a nice base for any darker shadow. It also works well under the Burberry palette picture above and mentioned here. 


Tom Ford Love Lust is kind of similar to NARS Orgasm, but x100 nicer and more flattering. It adds definition, colour and a glow to your cheeks. It blends easily, lasts for ages and is basically a perfect blusher. 


Lastly, to keep dry winter skin at bay I have been slathering on the Caudalie moisturising cream mask a couple of times a week. My skin drinks it up, and leaves everything looking healthier and feeling more hydrated. A must have for dry skin.




What have you been enjoying in January?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig