Sunday 10 January 2016

The foundation cull.



Out with the old, and in with the new. 

I'm not one for New year resolutions, but there is something so cathartic about having a new year clear out. 

I recently had a good sort through my rather extensive foundation stash, and had a good clear out. Gone are the old, the un-loved and neglected, and I'm just left with foundations that I love and use regularly. For reference, my skin is pretty dry and dehydrated, with an oily nose and I like a good coverage. Honourable mentions go to MAC pro longwear and Estee Lauder double wear but I am currently out of both of them. 

So what's left?

Too Faced born this way foundation has such good staying power and makes your skin look really healthy. 

MAC Studio Sculpt - third tube, you know it's good. Really creamy, excellent coverage, natural on the skin. Not one for oilier skin. 

NARS Sheer glow - my old favourite, I don't love this as much as I used to and save it for my oilier days, because I find it can look a little cakey sometimes. Neither sheer nor glowy, this does make your skin look really nice in photos. 

NARS all day luminous is my go-to work foundation because it does stay looking the same all day and sits so well on the skin. 

Chantecaille just skin is the sheerest of the lot, and one I use in summer or when I'm having such a minimal makeup day. 

Dior Star foundation is one I always go back to when my skin is looking a little bit worse for wear. It's just so effortless and smoothing, but the staying power could be a little better.

Make Up Forever Ultra HD is one for when you want your skin to look as natural as possible, which I guess is a lot of the time. It's a medium coverage, and sometimes I like my skin to look a bit more plastic, so I reach for this on more natural makeup days. 

MAC full cover is a solid cream foundation, and does have excellent coverage - drying, but when applied with a beauty blender is pretty lush. I tend to use a little bit of this on top of any of the others if I'm craving more coverage. Not an essential.

MAC mineralise moisture is one of those foundations that some serious glow, and this one would be so perfect for someone with drier skin as this one is so smooth and illuminating. Love this, but I always mix something matter to use on my nose because I don't want a sheeny nose. 

Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation is so thick and creamy and miles better than her other foundation - I love this and think it would suit any skin type. 

BECCA ultimate coverage complexion creme is my favourite at the moment because such little product does manage to give such a flawless finish to the skin, without looking like you're wearing too much makeup. 

So, any other favourites I need?

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig