Tuesday 12 April 2016

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette.




You know when you see a particular product, and your heart starts beating a little bit faster?

Yeah, you know! Happens all the time. This happened to me when I saw the Tarte rainforest of the Sea palette. A little disc of neutral eyeshadows housed in a cute compact? Yup. I basically ordered it in 5 seconds of it going on sale. 

Seashell - soft champagne pink (what I'm wearing in the photo)
Wave - Cool taupe
Abyss - Dark brown 
Reef - Warm copper 
Starfish - Warm bronze 
Cove - Medium beige 
Sand - Satin beige 
Mermaid - Soft gold 

The good:
Hello, look at it! This palette is gorgeous. I really like the round packaging, it's different. 
The shades all have individual names, which makes it easier to write about & more enjoyable to use.
All the shades have a gorgeous sheen, and I can see this palette being used everyday because the colours are all so soft and wearable. 

The bad:
The lighter shades don't seem to have as strong a payoff as the darker shades. 
There aren't any matte shades in the palette, and I loves a good matte shade to add some definition.
The shadows could blend better - they weren't chalky by any means, but they could be smoother. 

I got mine from QVC but it's currently sold out (but available on Sephora). 

What do you think? :)

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig