Wednesday 22 June 2016

Modern Renaissance




If something was ever going to persuade me to buy into some Anastasia eye shadows, it was the modern renaissance palette. I think when I saw the first photo of it I actually swooned. Fourteen warm-toned shadows with pinks and reds (and loads of matte shades)? I just couldn't say no. 

The palette comes in pink velvet casing - it's all furry and precious. It comes with a decent double-sided brush and 14 shadows. I'd say the pan sizes are not that big - also missing a decent golden shade (something akin to woodwinked would be a welcome addition). There are three shimmers and eleven mattes - matte shades tend to be few and far between in palettes so this is perfect. The formula on these shadows is really nice - the mattes are so smooth and blend perfectly and the shimmers are creamy. 

In the picture above I'm wearing love letter mixed with realgar and then primavera on the lid. I love pink shades on the lid, but always with a brown liner in the waterline to make sure the eyes don't err on the side of sore. 

My inner history-geek was so happy to see that the names of the shades in this palette are named after the renaissance, and some of them are paints used. So cool. There's:

Tempera
Golden Ochre
Vermeer
Buon Fresco
Antique Bronze
Love Letter
Cyprus Umber
Raw Sienna
Burnt Orange
Primavera
Red Ochre
Venetian Red
Warm taupe
Realgar

Is modern renaissance your kind of art-work?

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig