Wednesday 5 October 2016

My Holy Grail Makeup



When Laura asked me to guest post on her blog during her lovely honeymoon I was so pleased, not just because I'm such a fan of Laura's blog, but also because it gives me an opportunity to talk to new people about products my own blog readers are probably bored of hearing about! I'm a loyal makeup user, once I find something I like I'll stick with it and tell the world about it. Today I thought I'd share some of my holy grail makeup items and hopefully you'll love them as much as I do! If you want to check out my blog you can come visit me at The Makeup Directory.

NARS are one of my favourite high end brands, and I'm still yet to try anything from them that I haven't loved. The Dual Intensity eyeshadows caught my eye as soon as they were released but I was reluctant to spend so much on a single eyeshadow. But eventually I bit the bullet and bought one, and I have not regretted it. Himalia is a gorgeous mushroom-taupe with plenty of shimmer and can be applied dry for a sheer look, or with a wet brush for more intensity. It's the perfect lazy-day eyeshadow, one swipe and you're good to go.

The Korres CC Cream has been my base of choice all summer long as it provides a decent amount of coverage whilst packing a punch with SPF and Vitamin C. It feels so lovely and light on the skin, I almost forget that I have a base on at all when wearing it. The only downside is that it's only available in two shades, but hopefully that'll change in the future.

I feature Nude by Nature quite a lot on my blog, and whilst they're pretty unheard of in the UK they're huge in Australia and have just started to retail over here. Their look is all about the stereotypical Australian beach babe with a natural sunkissed glow - which is far from pale old me. However, I still find I can make their products work, especially this dreamy highlight palette. I tend to use it as a bronzer, blush and highlight but the shades are really versatile. Oh and did I mention it comes in rose gold packaging, swoon.

I actually didn't like this at all when I first got it, I was shocked at how even the lightest shade was so orange. But I decided to give it a go again a few months back and it's become a staple at hiding those dark undereye circles. I wouldn't dare use this anywhere else on my face or without a concealer on top as the pigmentation is crazy, but it does amazing things at making me look more awake.

This seems like a bit of a boring product but time and time again I've named this my ultimate beauty recommendation as it's just so damn good. My eyelids are absolutely terrible at making any sort of eyeshadow look last, but with a touch of this on each lid I'm good to go for the rest of the day. I used to restrict myself to only high end well known eyeshadows like Urban Decay and MAC, whereas now I can use anything on the high street and make it last just as long using this underneath. I must be onto my third tube and I will continue to repurchase it forever!

It's a pretty well known beauty fact that the Maxfactor Creme Puff blushers are a great dupe of the Hourglass ones, and they are, I have both and they're basically the same. But Hourglass are worth investing in for the gorgeous shade selection that they have. Dim Infusion in particular is so unusual that I just haven't found a colour match of it anywhere else. It's a beautiful soft coral that just flatters any makeup look. I'm a huge blush fan, and this is definitely up there as one of my favourites.

For years I saw these by the counters at Oliver Bonas and Topshop and I was always drawn to their amazingly simplistic but effective packaging. I just think they look so cool! And the product inside is just as amazing. I love a sheer lip and quite often a tinted lip balm is all I want for the day. I have a few shades of these and they're all so moisturising and creamy, the formula is amazing, but Pomegranate is just the perfect everyday subtle pink. There really is a shade for everyone with these though so definitely pick up what is best for you.

Last but definitely not least I need to give a shoutout to one of my favourite lipsticks. The fashion in the last few years has all been about the matte lip, and whilst I'm all over that, sometimes I want something for a slightly softer look. Razzle Dazzle Rose is a blue toned pink which is probably the most flattering lip colour I've ever tried. These lipsticks are your definition of creamy, but they don't feel sticky or heavy like they often can, they just feel comfortable. I really want more shades and they have plenty to choose from!

I really hope you enjoyed reading about my holy grail products, and thank you to Laura for letting me post on her blog!

Thank you Sally! You can check out The Makeup Directory here.


Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig