Friday 30 December 2016

An Easy Smoky Eye



What with it being NYE tomorrow (aka the night where it is encouraged to wear as much makeup as possible, frankly), I wanted to share some quick tips & products that deliver an easy smoky eye in seconds. 

I think sometimes when people think 'smoky eye', they get intimidated but there's no need - I never use black shadow and it's never a faff. For an easy base shadow colour, you can just scribble all over the lid with the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amber Hazeif you were in a real rush you could leave it at this, really. The formula is creamy but stays put once on, and the Amber shade is my favourite. I like to smoke things out with shadow though, and the Becca Ombre Rouge palette gets used a lot because the five shades in it are so well edited that they're basically all you need. With a blendable, long-lasting formula as well, the warm-toned little palette is the perfect smoky eye accompaniment. For the sharpest winged liner of your life, I love the Urban Decay Razor Sharp liner in Perversion, because the brush is so teeny tiny but saturated in colour so it makes lining the eyes really easy - no longer will I fear winged liner! For the waterline I like the Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer because it stays put. To finish it all off, lashings and lashings of the Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara leaves everything looking adequately dramatic.

I have three favourite brushes for any eye look (and especially something where I want it to look well-blended and a lot more complicated than it really is), with the first being the Look Good Feel Better Eye Shading Brush. It's perfect for cream and powder, and it packs on the lid colour really nicely. The MAC 219 little pencil brush is an essential for smudging any shade out, drawing a cut crease and for adding colour to the lower lash line. Lastly the MAC 224 is my secret weapon for perfectly diffusing colour and for adding definition/blending everything out. These three used together never let me down when it comes to smoking things out. 

Follow


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig