Tuesday 20 December 2016

Hiding a Hangover


It's beginning to look a lot like... I'm hungover. Too many Christmas parties are catching up with me and I just need to keep on downing water and layering on hydrating face masks until the new year. I'm a big believer in faking it with makeup, and my picks are the ones I turn to when I want to look like myself again. 

Something I've got back into in the last few weeks is the Too Faced Born This Way foundation - it has that magical ability to have good coverage, a long-lasting finish and it blends nicely. It's just lovely stuff! For when you're feeling particularly tired or drab, blending a layer of this over well-moisturised skin sets you up for the day. To hide a multitude of sins, the Stila Aqua Glow serum concealer is absolute perfection under the eyes because it's so creamy and won't settle into any fine lines. As it's packed full of hyaluronic acid and water, it's an incredible choice for dehydrated eyes. If you're up to it, the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara quickly gives lashes some dramatic volume and helps fake a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed look. For some much-needed colour after a particularly heavy night, I like the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blusher in Ecstasy because it just really helps to make you look healthy and well-rested - it instantly brightens up the complexion and perks everything up nicely. 

For an easy lip colour that looks polished but, crucially, doesn't zap away any moisture (dehydration is very real for me after a night out), the Zelens Lip Glaze in nude is a very safe bet. It leaves a nice neutral gloss on the lips, without being sticky, and the colour would suit anyone. 

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig