Friday 23 December 2016

Sophisticated Shimmer


This is it - it's the Christmas break! It's time to drink baileys, put Love Actually on repeat and to have all the sparkle. I basically want all of the shimmer, but I've found a way to incorporate as much as possible whilst still maintaining a slight air of sophistication. 

Starting with body and hair, I have two golden options. The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or Golden Dry is the perfect option to slather all over - it's gorgeously hydrating, smells dreamy and imparts a sheen all over (especially good for any parties over the holidays). For hair that's all kinds of shiny without the sparkle, the Pop & Lock High Gloss Shellac is a styling serum that leaves my hair looking a lot glossier, which is basically what I always want. 

When it comes to highlight, I like to pile it on but when you add glitter for the eyes and the lips into the mix, it's sometimes nice to tone it down a bit. We're going for sophisticated, and when it comes to looking polished I tend to think of Hourglass. Particularly, the Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Luminous Light for smoothing the skin out and the Ambient Light Strobing Powder in Incandescent Light for a highlight that won't ever look too strong. 

Can it really be shimmer without a Charlotte Tilbury palette? The glittery shade in the Dolce Vita palette is all kinds of perfect. To finish the whole shimmer look off, Jeffree Star Chrysanthemum is my party lip pick this year. 

Happy Christmas! xx

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig