Saturday 28 January 2017

How to Juggle a Blog & a Full-Time Job


Not that I want to toot my own horn, but I would say I am pretty organised when it comes to my blog. I've been juggling it alongside a pretty busy full-time job for a while now, and I post something new every day so I wanted to share some of my tips for making sure everything is as smooth as possible - the easy ways to juggle blogging with working hard.

Make sure you always carry a notebook so you can write down any ideas as soon as they come to you! I just started a new one (how dreamy is this Obliviate notebook?), and I am really enjoying having fresh pages to jot down all of my ideas. When you write down ideas as soon as they pop into your head you won't forget them and also you can edit them/add to them. A dedicated blogging notebook is always such a good way to keep track of any stats or blog goals, because writing it down just feels really nice. 

Use any commuting time wisely. In the morning, I update my instagram and respond to any questions on social media. I leave the house at half seven, so the train is a good time to do it once my brain has waken up a bit. I also have the buffer app, so I schedule tweets to go out throughout the day whilst I'm at work promoting blog links. 

Make the most out of any breaks. I try to reply to any emails at lunch as well as catching up on twitter and instagram (maybe posting a new photo). If you've got time at lunch you could get started on a new post, comment on a few blogs or reply to comments on your own post. 

Take photos in bulk. I take most of mine at the weekend, but I have soft box lights so I can always take some last-minute ones if I want. Make the most out of any sunny days and take as many photos as possible. When I write a post, I find it basically impossible to start writing unless I have the photos all ready so I can visualise the final thing. I also bulk take instagram photos and then post them throughout the week. 

Plan everything out in advance. I plan out content a month ahead of myself, and write two weeks ahead of myself if that makes sense... That way, I've got a buffer if I want to have a break or don't feel up to creating any content. For example, I'm writing this post two weeks before it's going to go live and then I just schedule it in. I typically write five posts on a weekend to keep everything topped up but if I'm busy I write one or two in the week after work. It's about seeing what works for you and what your schedule allows for, really. 

Remember that you're only human! If you run out of time, you run out of time. Your happiness should come first and if you don't feel like blogging you don't have to force it. 


How do you juggle everything?


Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig