Sunday 29 January 2017

Weekend Away Makeup


When this post goes live, I will be in York - I am very excited for lots of mini-breaks in 2017 because there's something so nice about dashing off just for two or three days. We're here at the moment for Chris' birthday with plans involving eating and exploring (aka the dream). One of the slightly less exciting elements about going away is the packing... I can just never get excited about forward planning what clothes to wear. Makeup though, I can get excited about planning!

For foundation, the MAC Full Coverage is a really good option because it's so compact and perfect for slipping into your bag. It's really creamy and thick, and does have good coverage. It can be a little drying, so i like mixing a little bit in with my face oil to give it some more slip. I am just too obsessed with the Too faced Born This Way concealer for under the eyes, and love it for touch-ups as well. For blush, highlighter and eyeshadow, I have it all covered with the super travel-friendly Stila perfect me, perfect hue palette. It's so compact, but really sturdy and the shadows and blushes are really flattering. Stila is one of my favourite brands, and this palette is my top pick instead of the CT palette. Little miniatures as extras - the Benefit Gimme Brow & the Too faced better than sex mascara are the best size for popping in an overnight bag. 

Two lip options - the Marc Jacobs lipstick in Sonic Truth on top of the Charlotte Tilbury lipliner in Pillowtalk. This combination is so perfect for the day, and is low maintenance chic. Pillowtalk liner goes with basically every lipstick and is such a makeup bag essential for any look. For a bolder lip option I have the Huda Beauty liquid matte in Heartbreaker. Even for an overnight stay, I need lip options obviously. The formula on this liquid lipstick is really good, and non-drying. 


Follow



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig