Friday 31 March 2017

March's Budget Buy; Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara



I love a good beauty gimmick - I really do. Case in point the new Rimmel mascara which is one of those products that seems a bit obvious now it's been invented. It's essentially a mascara that won't dry out and clump out; it has a little ball inside it so you can shake it to make the formula feel a lot fresher. I must say that the inclusion of the little ball means that the wand itself is really heavy - definitely would weigh down your makeup bag! I managed to pick mine up for £5.99, which is a pretty good price for an innovative product I think. 

The formula on this is nothing spectacular (nor is the brush), it's much more about the gimmick factor! It does leave lashes looking defined and I would categorise this one firmly within the daytime mascara group. It is a nice inky black that manages to stay put on the lashes without smudging, but it takes a good few coats to build it up to give lots of volume - the plus is that won't clump up on the lashes because the formula is so wet in consistency. I would say that I wouldn't keep this mascara past three months anyway because I think it's not hygienic to do so but there fact that this won't deteriorate over time is an exciting concept.


Have you tried this?


Follow


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig