Sunday 7 May 2017

Scentsational: Byredo Bibliothèque


I finally did it. I bought a Byredo perfume, and I'm worried now that it's a slippery slop because I am in love. I went for Bibliothèque because smelling like old books and a cosy evening really appealed to me. Scents that seem to almost personify an experience are the most interesting to me, and I fell in love with the warm slightly smokey scent as soon as I spritzed it.   

So what does it actually smell like? To me, it smells like vanilla and leather with a hit of muskiness to it which makes it seem a little bit smokey. I've never smelt anything quite like it, which is always a plus for me when it comes to perfume. The top notes are peach and plum which are lighter to lift up the heavier notes of leather - it's not by any means a fruity scent so those layers disappear quickly. The heart notes are violet and peony which again complement the heavier base notes and make sure the scent isn't too heavy. Lastly, the base notes are patchouli, leather and vanilla - this is the exciting part, and the element that lasts on the skin for the longest time. The leather isn't harsh at all (le labo santal, I'm talking about you) and the whole thing together does have a delicate smokiness which perfectly describes a bibliothèque. Next up on my list is the candle to correspond with my perfume... 



Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig