Tuesday 13 August 2013

A Fairy's Kiss...


Monosque, Kalahari, Brousse, Tokyo, Brumes & Pandora 


Gird your loins, ladies, there's 2 new NARS palettes in town! NARS eyeshadows are just amazing, and the palettes always have a certain Je ne se quoi about them... they're covetable, beautiful and limited edition. If you like this palette I'd get it before it sells out :)

When I saw this palette, I knew I'd have to have it. A purple-neutral palette, from NARS? Yes! There are six shades :

Monosque - Soft pink
Kalahari - Shimmery cocoa 
Brousse - Blackened violet
Tokyo - Lavender 
Brumes - Matte charcoal
Pandora - Matte black 

I have the Kalahari duo, which is one of my most-used shadows, and so I was happy to have this shade. Monosque, Kalahari and Brousse were the best in the palette, and all have a nice formula and good pigmentation. Brumes is good for a matte shadow, but Pandora is chalky  and Tokyo could be more pigmented. All of the colours are lovely together though, and I like Monosque all over the lid with Kalahari and then a bit of Brumes in the crease. OR Tokyo as a sheer wash all over the lid, with Brousse and then a bit of Pandora to smoke it up a bit. In the look above I'm wearing the latter. 

I'm disappointed with the chalkiness of Pandora, and also the size of the palette... it's so teeny tiny. I feel like it would be easy to burn through the shadows... I do like the convenience of the palette though, and how all the shades go so well together that it's a no-brainer palette. £32 from NARS - link!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooh I just can't make my mind up about this palette! It's so pretty, but I feel like I already own a few similar shades! Might have to swatch it in store! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite small but it's got such pretty shades! I feel like I could get so much use out of it!

    xx
    Tania
    thetaniadiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nars is always so tempting and all these colors are stunning! I'll have to take a look next time I'm at a Nars counter.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig