Tuesday 22 April 2014

A Drugstore primer duo (and dupes!)

Following on from yesterday's base-centric post, I have another one dedicated to one of my favourite things - primers! More specifically, two awesome drugstore primers. Two awesome drugstore primers that rival 2 high end ones... 


I always tend to use 2 primers - one to illuminate and hydrate, and one to mattify and prolong makeup on my oiler bits. A bit excessive, but I am all about perfecting the base and primers are da best.

My favourite combination for a long time was the Becca shimmering skin perfector in opal combined with the Smashbox photo finish light. The Becca is amazing and really adds a gorgeous glow to my cheeks, while the smashbox smoothes everything out without feeling too greasy.


Dupe #1 - The seventeen skin wow 3 way highlighter. Both products are designed to be versatile in the sense that you can use them as a primer, a highlight on top of makeup, to sheer out foundations... It's pinker than the Becca, but still adds a nice pearly finish. It isn't quite as moisturising, and I do prefer the Becca, but the Seventeen offering is an awesome cheaper alternative. 


Dupe #2 - The Rimmel stay matte primer. Neither one feels greasy or overly silicone-y... like the Benefit porefessional which makes my skin feel a bit gross. Both primers have an almost identical texture - they feel almost creamy and are quite thick and white in texture. Mm, sounds lovely. They both really smooth everything over, and I really can't see a difference between the two. Except the price. Oh yes.


What are your favourite primers? Have you tried any of these? :)

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig