Thursday 12 June 2014

Makeup rut//current favourites


For the last couple of weeks, I have been stuck in a makeup rut. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s interesting to see what products are so good that I not only use them, but use them daily. I’d rediscovered some awesome things as I was packing up my flat and moving, and haven’t put them down since.

The blush… When I haven’t been wearing Stila Petunia, I haven’t been able to put down Kat Von D Bellisima ($25/£15.76). I picked this up in NYC last year, but as Sephora ships now everyone can get their paws on it. Close your eyes, let your mind go blank… imagine the best peachy blush that you have dreamt of. Open your eyes – Bellisima is a must have.

Ever the NARS fanatic, I dug out the Pleasures of paris palette (no link online, but the shades are all permanent). In particular I am obsessed with Nepal – like all that glitters, but even prettier. As you can see, I’ve hit pan! In the crease I like using the purple shade, Demon lover and sort of blending it out a bit and seeing what happens.

Base-wise, I remembered why the NARS tinted moisturiser (£29) is so awesome. I have the shade Finland. It just blows everything else away. It adds coverage, glow and makes my face look like my own but just a bit healthier and better. On any particular areas of redness, I add the tiniest (and I mean tiniest, this stuff is mental) dab of the Kevyn aucoin sensual skin enhancer (£37.50). I have the shade SX05.  buff everything in using the Sigma F80 – 100% recommend this brush.


So those are some picks that I have been religiously applying every morning – are you a makeup rut kind of person? Or do you mix things up daily? :)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig