Thursday 5 June 2014

That Kylie Jenner lipstick

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Kardashians, but I do like all of the girl's makeup. Yup. Kim is the kween of the contour, Kourtney rocks the perfect orange lip and Kylie Jenner seems to have mastered the whole rock-chic 90s brown lip jam. Ever the brown lip fan, I wanted to recreate her look (I did a full post here). I've read so many different alleged products that she used, and I have some. Mixed with me guessing what she's wearing after scruitinising some photos, I think I have a pretty good idea of how to recreate it :)

(sources for 1/2/3)

My pick of products;

Obviously some MAC lipsticks are here... :) MAC Velvet teddy is an awesome browny brown (here's a dupe!) and MAC Brave is the one to go for if you want something slightly pinkier. I read on reddit that people seem to think Brave is what she uses... especially in the third photo above it looks like it.  

Aside from MAC, we have CHANEL rouge coco in Mademoiselle, Tom Ford Indian rose (mmm, so good!), and NARS Velvet matte pencil in dolce vita, which is a redder browny kind of pink. 

The liners - MAC lip pencil in Whirl and the Kevyn Aucoin lip pencil in medium. Liners are, I think, essential for this look! With a browny nude liner you can slightly exaggerate your lips, and the liner will help make your lips look matte & to last for ages. Apparently MAC whirl is what Kylie actually uses - I can see that. I was recommend it by a MA in MAC in NYC, and she said it was perfect for browny nude lips.


Here I used MAC Whirl under MAC Brave. Love this combination so much! I had never paired these two together before, but this is definitely going to become a regular. 




Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig