Wednesday 27 August 2014

Recent reads


Since commuting every day (I spend all my time on trains) for 3 hours, I have been devouring books. A good word, devouring. Very descriptive, and perfectly explains what I have been doing. I have been rushing through books, and really enjoying it. 

A guide to Geneva... an old, outdated guide. We're off there this weekend, so I flicked through it. All you need to know is there is lots of chocolate and cheese. The mussel feast was amazing, it's a German classic apparently. It was so interesting, and really good if you like studies on people. Franny & Zooey... the less popular book by J D Saligner. Far better than Catcher in the Rye, in my humble opinion. I re-read Slumdog millionaire - it's brilliant, a nice romantic read tinged with some horrible dark bits but very enjoyable. One of the (many) perks of having a little sister is that you can borrow her Jacqueline Wilson books. I loved JW so much when I was younger - still do, really - but her newer stuff all gets approved by my sister first. The Diving bell and and the butterfly is a tad depressing - written by the ex editor of French Elle who had a massive stroke and was paralysed. I enjoyed it, but felt a bit sad the entire time I read it. Lastly, with the worst name - the busy girl's guide to digital photography - but it's a really helpful book and has taught me a bit more about photography. 

Next to be read - The Miniaturist. I walk past a poster singing its praises every day, so I can't wait to read it. I couldn't remember what it was called when I was in Waterstones, so I had to describe it and annoy two sales assistants. Found it eventually!



What have you been reading lately? I am always after book recommendations! :)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig