Monday 22 September 2014

Foundation thoughts: Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation


Just wearing the foundation - no powder


The fact that Rimmel offers a truly pale shade of foundation is particularly good, and a fact that makes Rimmel one of the only drugstore brands I actually really like using. I saw this on the lovely Gemma's blog, and was intrigued. Their newest foundation - the Lasting finish nude - sounded like it could be a dupe for my beloved MAC prolongwear. 

I have the shade 010 Light Porcelain, which is the right lightness for me, but is a bit too pink. I have been mixing it a little something more yellow to make it more neutral, but in the photo above it is just the foundation, and for the first week of testing it I wore it alone. 

The finish is medium (+ buildable), and the formula is thick and creamy. On the skin it feels really nice - moisturising and not too heavy. It has the usual Rimmel smell, which I find pleasant & non-irritating. The main thing that appealed me to this claimed to last for 25(!) hours. I did find that it lasted a long time - not 25 hours - but it lasted a whole day of applying at 7, and getting home at 7. The finish is not as hard-working as the MAC Pro longwear, but it is one of the longest lasting foundations I've tried, for only £7.99. 



What do you think? 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig