Monday 29 December 2014

The TOP 14 of '14



Oooh, one of my favourite posts to read - a yearly round up of some amazing products. 



I've (roughly) picked 14 makeup bits to declare my love for - all are 100% recommend, and you basically need them. Talking about my favourite makeup is kind of funny right now, because I have barely worn makeup the last 3 weeks, and right now I am embracing the dirty hair, naked skin and dressing gown style of thinking. It is amazing. 



  • Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette is one of the best examples of the entire Tilbury range. This would probably be my top pick from the range... definitely top 5, anyway! All my favourite shadows are basically really warm toned - I love them. This palette also has a really nice glitter that doesn't flake off and adds a nice dimension to the eye. Glitter! 
  • Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage quad is definitely a luxury item, but ohmigod the eyeshadows. I can't even, they're just too amazing. I've heard dubious things about some of the more shimmery palettes, but this one... this one. 3 buttery soft matte shadows and one gorgeous fine shimmer - all gives you a beautiful warm toned smoky eye. You need it. 
  • NARS Lola Lola is the one for you if you love warm toned shadows. I don't own too many individual shadows, as I find palettes so much easier but this one is just perfection on its own. I like to layer it over MAC eclair paint pot, and then sweep this all over the lid with a 217. Amazing, so easy and gives a great smoky finish without looking too harsh. 
  • Dior Star foundation is my favourite foundation of the year, I think... I am very fickle with foundations, but this one does really impress me. Long-lasting, good coverage, doesn't go patchy on my dry bits or get too oily on my nose and a lovely illuminating finish. A good foundation! I reach for it more than a lot of others. 
  • Clinique Soft matte lipsticks (matte crimson & matte beauty shown). I love these lipsticks - they give such a nice matte finish without being at all drying. Matte crimson is my favourite, it's one of those Snow White cool-toned shades that seem to be flattering (hopefully!). I've had quite a few people ask what I'm wearing when I have it on, which is always a good sign. If you're scared of matte lipsticks, give one of these a whirl and you might just be persuaded!



  • Tarte Exposed is one of those am I a model yet blushes, in that it helps to sculpt your face whilst adding a bit of sophisticated colour. This one is pink enough to not bronze, but has enough of a shadow-faking hue to sculpt the face. You can also get Tarte blushes more readily in the UK now (thank you Sephora shipping), and they are definitely worth checking out if you a blush fiend like me. 
  • NARS Tinted Moisturiser (I have the shade Finland) is, by far, my favourite tinted moisturiser. If you want skin to look like skin, and not to feel heavy this is perfect. It lasts such a good time for such a breathable product, and if I mix a little bit with MAC pro longwear (amazing stuff), it lasts all day without being heavy. 
  • Tom Ford Pink Dusk is just my favourite pink/nude lipstick. It is close enough to my lip colour to not look too anything, but it is infinitely pinker and prettier. Like my lips if you're looking at me through a vaseline-smeared lens. Mine has been so well loved that it has smooshed and sort of snapped in half... I need to fix it. Gah. 
  • Dior Lip Glow is just the best lip balm. It really smoothes the lips and hydrates them, and it also has some magical makeup sorcery - it changes colour to adjust to your natural lip PH. Gimmicky, but actually legitimately awesome. I've almost finished mine - what you see in the photo is all I have left - and I will definitely repurchase. 


  • MAC lipsticks (Flat out Fabulous, Faux, Craving & Lady Danger shown - I'm counting all MAC lipsticks as 2 items haha). You know they're my jam. I just love them. But please MAC, stahp with the price increases. 
  • By Terry ombre blackstar in Frozen Quartz. I love all of the By Terry shadow sticks, but this one is my absolute favourite for using under MAC all that glitters or NARS Nepal (v similar shadows). Like rose gold champagne for your eyes.
  • Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink is an amazing pink for everyday. It looks especially good with gold eyeshadow, but this basically goes with any look. The Bobbi Brown art sticks are very nice - giant (massive!) crayons with a creamy matte finish. Sunset orange is also worth checking out, yesss.





Here's to another year of more amazing products... See you in a year with my 15 favourites of 2015





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig