Thursday 22 October 2015

Four tips for making your makeup last longer.



One of the most frustrating things about when you put your makeup on is if it comes off before you're ready. I have no time for touch ups, and when I put all my makeup on I want it to stay all day and basically look exactly the same in the evening as when I put it on in the morning. 

Always use a primer - well, duh. Primers can be a bit of a minefield though, and the key is using one for your skin type. I use two primers, because high maintenance. I always use something shimmery on my cheeks and then something matte on my tzone. Always use an eye primer under shadow to prevent any creasing. Ugh, I hate it when my eyeshadow creases. 

Use brushes (or a beauty blender!) and not fingers, because the brushes make it easier to really work the product into the skin. If I smear on my makeup really quickly with my fingers before running out of the door I always find that it never lasts as long and never looks as even. 

Treat your base like a sandwich - using a primer, foundation and then powder to lock it in makes such a difference to the longevity of makeup. 

Finally, use a setting spray as the last step before you sashay out the door. I think setting sprays really help to finish everything and take away a slightly powdery finish you might have as well as keeping your makeup locked in.


What do you do to make your makeup last?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig