Sunday 9 October 2016

Top Five High-end Picks




You'll usually find me posting over on Anniewritesbeauty.co.uk but while the fabulous Laura is off saying I do to her one true love, I've taken over the reins for today's post. I thought I'd share my Top 5 Highend picks, products I wouldn't be without no matter how pricey they are and ones I'd rush out and buy again in a heartbeat. 

Urban Decay Naked 2 £38.50 - 
I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay and my collection of products is pretty impressive but the one palette I go back to quite regularly is the Naked 2. It has a mixture of matte, shimmer and glitter shadows which work really well for laid back day time look or an incredible smoky eye for cocktails with the girls. The packaging is metal, fab for travelling and it comes with a full size mirror and double ended brush. I always use the brush inside these palettes as they're some of the best on the market. You can use these with or without an eyeshadow primer, both ways last all day and keeping you looking fabulous. 

Clarins Supra Volume Mascara £21.50 - 
I'm a plastic comb mascara girl and wouldn't usually look twice at a wand like this but I couldn't help loving it. The mascara intensifies and enhances lashes with the deepest shade of black making your lashes look big, luscious and ready to flutter. My only gripe is the smell, it reminds me of nasal allergy sprays but the volume is so fabulous that I suck it up as once dried you can't smell it as strongly. I haven't used anything BUT and I'm constantly asked what I'm wearing on my lashes. 

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Beige Charnel £26.00 -
I reach for Beige Charnel throughout the year but more so when the sun starts shining as it's such a beautifully pink nude. Its iconic casing is stunning and definitely half of the selling point. The formula is super creamy which is usually a massive no go for me, it doesn't last for hours but it's something I'll happily put up with for the pinky, nude pout. Yes, YSL lipsticks are pricey but they're oh so worth the splurge.

Mac Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle £24.00 - 
Soft & Gentle is one highlighter that is lusted by many for is beautiful finish and exquisite shade. I have two favourites, Stereo Rose which is limited edition and then this beauty. It looks incredibly glittery in the pan but do not let that fool you, it gives a sheer, sweep of highlight to cheekbones and brow bones, lasting all day and keeping your highlight on fleek. The shade is described as a gilded peach bronze that can be added anywhere on the face to give a flush of glowing radiance. More Champagne pop than bronzed goddess, it's the perfect companion for any highlight lover.

Mac Cosmetics Cremeblend Blush in Something Special £18.50 -
I'm a powder blush lover through and through but Something Special seriously swayed me a few years back. I needed to return something, had to do an exchange so went with this on the spur of the moment. It's a light coral shade which is perfect for pale skinned ladies. Stippled onto the apples of your cheeks, it gives a subtle pop of colour. The formula makes it so easy to blend to the slightest hint of colour. It also goes really well with a natural tan and bronzer which is how I usually wear it in the Summer. If you've always avoided creme blushes in fear of the dreaded clown look then have a go with a stippling brush, you may be surprised and fall in love just like me.


Check out Annie Writes Beauty here!


Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig