Thursday 4 May 2017

The Face: Birthday Edition


If you can't take your time doing your makeup on your birthday, then when can you? I'll take any excuse to glam up and beat my face (to the gods) as much as possible so on Sunday before we went out for a birthday lunch (#princess), I took my time with my makeup and also roped Chris into taking some ~candid~ shots of me not looking at the camera. I think the different ways you paint your face depending on the event is an interesting concept which made me want to start chronicling some of looks. 

Starting off with the base - I've recently fallen back in love with the Charlotte Tilbs Light Wonder foundation - it's beautifully glowing and illuminating on the skin and although the coverage is not there it builds well. It's not an everyday one for me as such, because I find it takes a little blending and layering to get it looking exactly how I like it as well as the longevity not being incredible so it's not a 7am to 8pm sort of affair. For daytime, I do like it. It's worth noting I used the Nars illuminating primer underneath as well all over the face. Concealer was Too Faced Born This Way under the eyes blended in with a beauty blender and then a dusting of the Kat Von D powder on a big fluffy brush to lock everything into place. It's a really good silky powder that doesn't look caked. For a hybrid bronzer and contour, the Tilbury Bronze and Glow bronzer shade used in an attempt to carve out some cheekbones and then lightly in areas where the sun would naturally hit the skin. I love the bronze shade because the formula is sheer enough to be able to not worry about looking muddy. Alongside that, an over-zealous application of the by Terry blush in Nude Dance because I'm of the school of thought that more is more when it comes to blush. Then to finish, the highlighter from the Tilbury palette dusted all over the tops of the cheeks, under the brows and just about anywhere. 

For eyes, I used a thin layer of the Too Faced Shadow Insurance as primer and then just painted on the Stila Magnificent Metals shadow in Rose Gold Retro all over the lid and slightly under the lash line. With this, I just pat the product on (rather than sweep) and I find this applies it perfectly. I can't even express how obsessed I am with these marvellous little glitter shadows, and they're my absolute go-to when I want to add some something ~extra~ to any makeup look. Definitely because I was watching Drag Race as I was getting ready, but I couldn't resist popping on a pair of lashes - I had the Eylure lengthening lashes lying around so I went with those. Really easy to use, and they stayed on nicely thanks to the duo lash glue. Little bit of liquid liner and a smidgen of pencil on the lower water line (both from Urban Decay) and eyes were done. 

Lipstick is always last, and keeping up with the Tilbury theme I over-lined my lips using Pillow Talk and then used Penelope Pink all over the lids for the perfect pinky nude. It's a little bit peach and ultimately is so very wearable that it perfectly complements any sort of existing makeup.  



[Makeup: listed above. Grumpy expression: model's own]


Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig